Getting Traffic to your website is one of the most important factors to being successful online. Obviously, the higher the traffic levels, the more sales you will make which leads to more profits! Now, I am assuming that you have a specific niche and that you have already conducted the related keyword research to ensure that you are targeting the most profitable keywords. If that is the case, then here are five easy tips to increase your website traffic.
Tip #1 It’s important to ensure that your keywords are tagged.
If you take the time to optimize your on-page content but then forget to use tags then you have a problem. Tags are where search engines look and if there are no tags chances are that they’ll pass right by your web pages and all your optimisation work will have been for nothing. So what on earth are tags?
The following are the main types of tags;
* Title tags. Title tags are where you enter your main keyword or keyword phrase and are probably the most important place to situate your keywords.
The idea is for the title tag to describe your business in as few characters as possible – usually 90 or less.
* Header Tags. You may have heard of H1 or H2 tags. These are what we call Header tags and are another important aspect of optimization. They’re ranked in order of importance. The “1” designates the header as the most important header on the page, the “2” would be the next most important and so on.
* Meta Tags. Meta tags are the small descriptive text which lies under the the title tag on the search engine results page. Again, these Meta Tags should be informative but it is important that they remain short, brief and up to date.
* Alt Tags. All Graphics and Images on your website should have some form of description, this is what Alt tags are for.
Tip #2 Make sure you add content to your site regularly
Without regular fresh content it is going to be very difficult to obtain traffic and high search engine rankings for your website. It is this content that the search engine spiders look for when indexing pages and it is what ultimately determines your sites rank in the search engines. Making a commitment to post fresh and optimised content to your site will undoubtedly help to make your sites’ traffic numbers increase.
Tip #3 You need to get relavant incoming links to your site
If you can get relavant incoming links to your websites, search engines will perceive your site as more valuable. The key word here is “Relevant”. Links do not all carry equal value and if you can manage to attract links from authority sites with high Page Rank (I’ll explain Page Rank another time!) and sites with a similar theme to yours, then those links are going to be a lot more valuable.
These are a few examples of the types of links which you can obtain.
– A direct link – these look like a basic website address, for example, www.yourwebsite.com
– A text link – these links have the webpage address embedded in the text – By clicking on the link, readers are automatically redirected to the website.
– A Deep link – this is where a link goes to a page set deeper within the a website, for example a specific article which is on an internal page and not on the home page of the site.
So how can you get more links to your site? The following are just a few examples of how to go about it:
* Adding new and fresh content to your site regularly.
* Submitting well written articles to article directories.
* Publishing press releases.
* Blogging and participating in social networking forums, chat rooms and social networking sites.
Tip #4 Prepare a “Social” Strategy!
Social Networking and building a community is the name of the game in Internet Marketing at the moment. You can participate in social networking sites like Facebook or Twitter or you can set up a forum on your site. All these strategies can be powerful traffic generators as you post comments on forums and blogs or as people follow you on Twitter or facebook. Again, its all about getting links to your site. You do have to be careful though, tactics such as blatently linking to your site for no apparent reason are frowned upon by members of these communities.
I recommend you join forums which are specific to your industry or groups in Facebook relating to your line of work and just start participating. Keep it low key at the start and slowly make a name for yourself as an “expert” in your chosen niche. The key here is that you will be interacting with a highly targeted audience.
Tip #5 Use Advertising to gain more exposure and traffic
Strategic Advertising,is a great way to promote the content on your site and specific products or services. One of the most popular forms of advertising on the internet is PPC(Pay per click) advertising. No doubt you have heard of Google Adwords – well this is the king of PPC – the biggest advantage of this form of advertising is that it permits you to control the advertising budget on a daily basis. You are provided with a multitude of tools to help you control all aspects of your advertising campaigns allowing you to test and track all adverts in real time. It is not easy to perfect this form of advertising and you have to be careful as it is easy to spend a fortune and see no results for your efforts – just take time to learn the system and before you know it your traffic will soar –
These tips are just brief examples of what you can do to drive traffic to your website. If you are new to Internet Marketing and find this information a little difficult to digest, I recommend you take a look at the following link. http://tinyurl.com/p9o5ct. This is basically the beginners “Bible” to Internet Marketing. The information the guys at IMC provide is detailed yet easy to digest. This was the first Internet Marketing course I bought and gave me a really solid introduction to the subject – I still refer back to the course today as it is full of useful information to help you market your business online. Let me know what you think.