Pinterest is one of the newer kids on the block when it comes to social media networks; however, this hasn’t stopped the image based phenomenon from shooting to an incredible 70 million members in just 4 years!
According to Neil Patel, Pinterest generates four times more money per click than Twitter and 27% more than the mammoth of all social networks, Facebook. A social media network with this many users and the potential to generate massive income for your business, certainly warrants attention and you’ll want to make sure you – at least – check out what Pinterest has to offer, especially if your target market is women; Pinterest’s user base is 80% women!
Now, if you going to be using Pinterest then you need to make sure you are getting the maximum engagement for your efforts.
Is it really possible to increase your Pinterest engagement by a whopping 275%? Neil certainly seems to think so and in a recent infographic on his Quicksprout blog, he shows you some interesting facts and figures which you’ll need to consider in order to achieve this boost in engagement.
I’ve embedded the whole infographic below but just wanted to highlight some of the main points and statistics which, in my opinion, stand out.
General Facts about Pinterest
- The average time spent on Pinterest per month is 98 minutes
- 80% of Pinterest pins are actually repins
- Referrals from Pinterest have grown by 66.52% in the last 12 months
- Traffic from Pinterest offers 50% higher conversion rates than other sources
What to Focus on to get more engagement
- Pins that include prices get 36% more likes
- If you include a call-to-action you’ll get 80% increased engagement
- Tutorial and guide pins get 42% higher CTR
- Brand images without faces get 23% more repins
- Relate your pins to trending topics and you’ll get a 94% increase in click throughs
- Color is important; images with multiple dominant colors get 300% more repins
- Use images with reds, oranges and browns, they get 2 times more repins than blue images
- Focus on when to pin: Best times are 2pm to 4pm (Est) or 8pm to 1am (Est)
The information in this infographic is priceless, but only if you apply the tips it contains! Remember that Pinterest is a social network and the key to success is engagement. You must engage with your followers; the more you engage the more people will engage with you.
You must constantly repin, like and comment on other people’s pins and be sure to thank anyone who pins or repins your content.
Now it’s time for you to take action. Grab three or four of the above tips to your Pinterest account and start boosting your engagement rates.