It is common knowledge that SEO, or search engine optimization is key to generating traffic to your website or blog. If you want to get traffic to your website, your articles, or your adverts, you have to make sure that they are all search engine optimized.
Essentially, there are three basic elements to SEO-
So, to help you on your way, I’ve included 5 tips to SEO in this post – there will be another 5 in Part two to this post next week. Please keep these in mind when you write all the copy and content on your site to ensure the maximum traffic generation results.
1. Choose good keyword phrases- If you are using article marketing to get traffic, instead of shaping words around articles, shape articles around words. Target your content around keywords or ideas. In order to find an angle for your article, consider using Google Adwords to see which keywords are most likely searched. Then, write an article around these key phrases and terms. This may seem like an odd concept, but as soon as your brain gets used to it, the writing will flow naturally.
2. Use keywords throughout your website, marketing and advertisements- use keywords in your title, your subheadings and in your links. If you can, even use your keywords in your URL.
3. Link away- it is okay to link to other sites. In fact, it’s a good idea, especially if these sites are highly respected and informative. Sites with .edu and .gov are often the best because they represent a highly regarded source.
4. Link to your heart’s content- Links do not have to just be certain words. You can also make title links and anything else you want linked. People are automatically drawn to links, so mix it up and make your content stand out.
5. Use your anchor text in links- Always try to ensure that your link text features your keyword phrase. Links stand out on websites and most people will click through, especially if your keyword phrase is directed towards their interest.
Next week I’ll post another small article outlining another 5 tips for generating more traffic to your site.
If you would like more information on how to drive traffic to your small business website please Click Here!